Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Different Intellibrite colors with different relays

1. Back To Top    #1

Different Intellibrite colors with different relays

I thought I remembered a thread on this but i can't find in my searches... I thought I may have even asked before...

I have Intellitouch... and 4 light circuits (relays). Main pool lights, shelf bubblers, shelf light, landscape lights. All Pentair lights. All on 4 separate relays. I cannot find any way to set them to different colors via iPhone app or MobileTouch remote. Before I give up, I wanted to ask... and see if there is something simple I am missing... to be able to designate a specific color or color scheme for each IntelliBrite relay.

Thanks!
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Different Intellibrite colors with different relays

Hello jtech1! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the colors and relays. Web problems have been giving us fits. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I do not have Intellitouch, but I do have Easy Touch and have intellibrite lights, two in the pool and one in the spa. My pool lights and spa light are on two relays. Using ScreenLogic I can set the colors up individually between the pool and the spa. The Android app for ScreenLogic does not have the feature to set up the individual light circuits, but the PC program does. I use the PC program on a Windows 7 computer. Under the settings tab you can select set colors and it will list each intellibrite circuit have set up. ScreenLogic will work with Intellitouch as well as Easy Touch.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, gary... I have seen that screen... and it does work, but when I am at the pool, it is ridiculous that I have to dry off and run into the house to set the pool lights... Especially after spending thousands of dollara for supposedly the best automation available. This is just one of the glaring deficiencies of the Pentair remote and apps... basic stuff like this. Even the PC screen you mention is incomplete... I can't select any of the color change modes for individual lights... only the fixed colors.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, you are correct that Pentair could have done a better job with the software and apps. I do not understand why the apps can't at least have the functionality of the PC software. Hopefully they will fix this in the future. I did dedicate two of the four buttons on my spa side remote to the lights. So from the spa I can turn each light circuit on and off and set them to what I want as if they were being manually set with a switch. It is cumbersome at best. My favorite is to have the spa magenta, and the pool blue. Looks nice.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.