Wiring question SWG + Polaris

Jun 29, 2015
Richardson, TX
Hello, had to rebuild the Polaris pump and I think I got the wiring confused, so I'm trying to straighten it out. Main pump timer is wired to a secondary T-104R timer for the Polaris and the Hayward SWG, so power to those is never on unless the pump is running, which is fine.

In the T-104R, looking at the wiring diagram for the timer, input power is on terminals 1 and 3.
Output power is terminals 2 and 4.

I put both the Polaris pump and the SWG on terminals 2 and 4. The timer is set to pretty much run all the time, as it shuts off when the main pump timer shuts off anyway, so no need to control the time of the Polaris if I want it to run the whole time the main pump is running.

Reading the AquaRite installation guide though, it says: Input power for use with Goldline, Pentair and Polaris
controls:
Wire the Aqua Rite® DIRECTLY to 120/240VAC power (not through timer or relay).

Does that mean I should leave the Polaris pump on terminals 2 and 4, and move the SWG to the 1 and 3 input terminals? I'm assuming this would make the SWG permanently on anytime there is power to the timer box, and on a separate circuit than the Polaris pump?

Thanks for any info.
I know nothing about electrical, but this all seems logical so I'm giving it a shot. Pool chemistry turned out to be easy, maybe this will too.
Note- everything is working fine at the moment, I just need to know if what Hayward says means I should do the above, or if it really doesn't matter.

Much appreciated,
Amy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.