Hello new to site and I have a few questions about robotic cleaners. My pools is 2 years old and I am using Paramount in-floor PV3 clear and it does a great job cleaning dirt and debris from the pool. This spring we had heavy rains and wind in Austin, TX and I have heavy wooded area behind our pool. This system has been outstanding keeping the pool clean. I run it twice a day 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night. I will turn on when swimming if I see grass/mulch/dirt in pool. It will clean quickly.
So I have zero complaints about this system, however, I know there is an additional energy cost to run this cleaner. It runs on an independent Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump. The water flow and pressure from the jets is strong however I still brush more often thinking there is nothing “scrubbing” especially the walls (jets on bottom of pool and stairs pop up like sprinkler heads).
I have new job and traveling all week and less time to maintain weekdays. So thinking about adding a robotic cleaner in addition to in-floor cleaner (split time).
· Use less energy not running extra pump 8+hours a day
· Will help with cleaning walls – less brushing, fighting algae from time to time (found this site and moved to bleach, better test kit etc and that has greatly helped)
· Still getting water bugs (ones that skim across top of pool) every now and then – been a battle this year.
· Family forgets to brush walls, would this be easier for wife to maintain while I am traveling.
· Pools is in full sun from 11 AM to sunset 8PM. Gunite shell with pebblesheen
Then the big question – if yes add robotic cleaner then which one. Looking at the Dolphin Z5 based on reading forms but open to suggestions.
Water is clear and doing well:
FC = 3.5
CC = .25
TC = 3.75 (switched to bleach, Pool Store pucks creating issues)
PH = 7.5
TA = 110
CYA = 50
CH = 350 (was over 700 drained 50% to lower and then no more pucks)
Test kit is TF100