My numbers

Anron4

May 27, 2015
Bayshore, NY
Hi everyone. I love this site!
Here's my story. My numbers since getting my TF100 have been great. Did a quick slam a few weeks ago and have had beautiful water since. I went away for a few days over the weekend and before I left I added a few chlorine pucks to the floater. I left my filter running while I was gone. Of course this weekend it rained cats and dogs.
FC-3
CC-0
TA-70
PH-7.5
CYA-30ish

Pool math is telling me to add 42oz bleach which is no problem at all. It also wants me to add 33 oz baking soda.
My question is do I really have to add the baking soda? My pool doesn't like high PH. It hates it. I actually like to keep it around 7.2. I know if I add the soda my Ph will go up and then I'll be playing with muriatic acid.
So, should I skip the baking soda? Perhaps only add 16oz and see what happens?
What do you think?
Thanks for the help!
Anne

Poolmath is only telling you what you ask it to.

The target for TA is 70-90+. If you're below 70, pick a target somewhere above and let it tell you how much baking soda to add. If you're at or above 70, change your target to match your TA. Voila! Poolmath says.. add nothing! If your pool's pH stabilizes at 60 TA, tell poolmath to stick it and use 60 as your target - or just ignore the recommendation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.