Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Question

Hello All,
    I have a few questions. I have been reading the forum, but have a question I haven't seen.
    Installing an 18 x 52 round Ultra Frame Pool. I have the pavers under the legs and the top is level.
    Had a company come in and transit level the spot. Used sand around whole area to provide bottom and then gorilla pad.
    My question is, if the top frame is level and all legs are level on the pavers, can the Bottom of the pool still be out of level?
    I ask because on one small section the liner is slightly bunched and has no water, while the rest of the pool has about an inch.
    It POURED down rain as I was assembling the top frame and just threw the legs on to get it off the ground. It has had about an
    inch in it after I drained most of the rain water and it was not leveled with pavers when it rained, but is now.
    I have not filled it yet, just finished the top frame and leg leveling yesterday. Or will this sort itself out when filling? I do need to get back
    in the pool and finish getting the wrinkles out on the side that is slightly bunched.
    Also, mine did not come with a bottom rope that I can see, just the white strap around the middle.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Question

Of course the floor can be unlevel - you've got proof right in front of your eyes. It won't fix itself. The pool liner is thin, like a coat of paint. It won't hide any imperfections on the surface beneath, it will just change their color. I doubt it will cause anything worse than a settling spot for silt that blows in. But wrinkles need to be smoothed out, though, because the will trap the silt and make it hard to vacuum.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Question

Thanks Richard. Also trying to figure out how to add signature.
    I'll take a look at it this afternoon.