BioActive Try

bbayer

Jun 15, 2015
Northridge
Hi All-
Newbie here. I am in the midst of lowering my cya by using bio-active. I have a K2006 test kit and it shows the cya to > 100 so I diluted the solution (fresh water and pool water) to about 3:1 and now it measures around 70~80 in the cya vile. So I guess the translates to cya level of 240. I have for YEARS been using those stinkin' little tri-chlor tabs and have totally screwed my pool chemistry. I have learned this by subscribing to this website.
But, I live in sunny, drought stricken southern California and dumping water just doesn't sit well for me knowing what a water crisis we are experiencing. So, I am hoping the bio-active product will work.
Which btw, this thread had mention of bio-active, but I haven't found results about using the product on this thread. I'll create another thread rather than hi-jack this one.

We wish you luck! We really want to see this product work, but if you look around the Deep End Forum you will see multiple attempts with little positive results.

Welcome to TFP!

Hopefully it works well for you.

I was near the bottom acceptable temp and only had a reduction of 20 ppm.
My CYA was around 90 so I'm at 70 now.

Oh and I had a mustard algae out break occur right after the bio active trial, so
be prepared for that. Took a 2.5 week SLAM to clear out the mustard. GGRRR.

Well, it's been five days since I added the Bio-Active.
So far I haven't seen any reduction. Just for the record:
FC ~ 1.5 to 2.0
CC .5
CYA still measures between 70 and 80 with a 3:1 dilution
So there you have it. I will sample again on the 10th day in case those little bacteria are planning a surprise party!

Even with the FC so low, no algae to report.
Probably will up the chlorine to 2.0 tomorrow.

Thanks All.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.