Preferred O-Ring Lube?

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Hey all,

What O-ring lube do the professionals on here suggest using? I've used some stuff the past two years called something like "Magic Lube O-ring lube w/ teflon", and it has a tendency to gunk up on the O-rings and mating parts and is a royal pain to try to get off. My PB left just some plain silicone lube which was great, but I ran out and can't seem to find it around here.

TIA,
Mike

I have used all sorts of lube, and even some of it on pool part O-rings :mrgreen:

I've seen the 'gunkyness' of the teflon lube and, while it's somewhat of a PITA - what I've noticed when using the silicon stuff is that my fingernails get 'soft' and easily torn and flaking (not brittle) - they seem to peel off in layers (NOT the whole nail - just the front part where you would trim them)

Mike, as you or most pool owners don't apply a tube or two a day, I don't think the silicon type will have the same, rapid, effect as I've encountered.

Anybody know which kind Hayward's Jacks 327 is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.