High TC

Jun 28, 2015
Columbus Indiana
Using pool master 5-way test kit.

Free Chlorine test was off the charts after one minute there were orange particles floating. When I checked the ph level it turn yellow so I'm assuming this means non-existent. And I couldn't get a change in color with alkalinity test even after 25 drops. Please help!!!

Welcome to TFP!

Are you using your chlorine feeder, or have you manually added chlorine? How does the water look?

With your test kit, if you have high chlorine you should add two drops of solution #4 as the first step in the pH test. Did you do that? Even so, high chlorine interferes with pH testing, so I'm not overly worried about that now.

Any idea why your chlorine is so high?

You really need to get a better quality test kit. We recommend the TF100 at TFTestkits.net.

The water looks great. Clear. I have been using a feeder. Had trouble with no chlorine int eh pool so I turned up the dial. Then *insert excuses here* so I hadn't tested it in a couple weeks. I re tested with the additional drop. It's not as frightening low as I thought but it's below 6.8. I also have the HTC strip test. It showed alkalinity at about 40ppm, hardness 200ppm. Cyanuric acid at 0. What don't need to put in?

If you have been using picks, you have CYA/stabilizer I the water. The test strips are just junk.

You really need a reliable test kit. Here is what you want. TF100 Test Kit

If you order it today you will have it mid week.

I'll be honest, we don't like to give suggestions based on test strips. For now I would use Pool Math to figure how much Borax to add to bring the pH up to 7.2 and keep chlorine,in the water until your kit arrives.

Kit came in. I did all test but the calcium. The FC showed off charts still orange. CC - zero. Which I don't understand. PH 7.5. TA- 120 but it didn't turn red it turned yellow. And the CYA-80ppm. I've had the chlorine pumped turn off since I found the high chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.