Variable Speed Scheduling

CAPP3L

Jun 28, 2015
Las Vegas/NV
Sorry in advance for the redundancy but I have not been able to find the answer... I have an intelliflo pump controlled by an Easytouch 4 board. I would like to schedule a period of higher RPM for my in-ground pool cleaners and then the other part of the schedule very low RPM. Not sure how to get this set up...

Easy to do, a little harder to put in writing so that someone else can understand. :rolleyes: If no one else answers, I'll be glad to give it a shot later this afternoon once I get my yard work done. A couple of questions first..

1. What type of cleaner(s) do you have now?
2. What do you currently have to do to use the cleaner?
3. Do you have any idea what the current pump schedule is?
4. Do you want cleaner(s) to run on a recurring schedule or just when you push a button?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Easy to do, a little harder to put in writing so that someone else can understand. :rolleyes: If no one else answers, I'll be glad to give it a shot later this afternoon once I get my yard work done. A couple of questions first..

1. What type of cleaner(s) do you have now?
2. What do you currently have to do to use the cleaner?
3. Do you have any idea what the current pump schedule is?
4. Do you want cleaner(s) to run on a recurring schedule or just when you push a button?

Thanks,

Jim R.

1- I have in-ground cleaners. They pop up from bottom of pool when the pump turns on.
2- all I have to do is turn turn the pool pump on and the in-ground system activates. I do have a manual valve that I can turn to turn this off but I usually just keep in ground cleaners on.
3- I do know current schedule and understand how to change it. Runs 8am-4pm.
4- I would like cleaners to run on a set schedule for a specific amount of time each day.

Thanks!

Basically one way to do this would be to set up a new pump speed and label it as a feature. You would then schedule the Feature to run the hours you want the cleaners to be on. The following example should get you where you want to be, but keep in mind that you might already have something else programmed under the specific Features/Circuits I used in my example. You will need to adjust the example to fit your system..

1. Push Menu button and then scroll down to Settings
2. Select Setting and then scroll down to Intelliflo
3. Select Intelliflo and then select Pump # (I assume number 1)
4. Scroll down to speeds and select speeds. Panel should show Flashing 1/8 in upper right side of display
5. Push the up button until you come to the 1st “unused” speed. (In my case it is 6/8)
6. Push select and the RPM should flash – Push up/dn arrows until you get the speed you want.
7. Push select and then scroll down and find feature 6 (Any unused feature will work)
8. Push select and then push Menu several times to return to the home screen.

1. Push Menu and the scroll down to schedules
2. Select schedules and scroll down to feature 6
3. Select feature 6 – shows 0/0 and None Flashing
4. Push the Up button to show New and then select New – should show 1/1 Flashing
5. Push Select and should show Schedule Flashing
6. Push Select and then adjust the start and stop times along with the days you want feature 6 on
7. Push menu several times to return the home screen

During the scheduled time, the pump should increase to the speed you set up under the pump menu. This assumes that the cleaner will be highest of all speeds you want to run during that time.
You can test your set up by pushing Menu and selecting F- Circuits and scrolling down to Feature 6 and push the select arrow and then the menu button. Do the same thing again to turn it off.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Basically one way to do this would be to set up a new pump speed and label it as a feature. You would then schedule the Feature to run the hours you want the cleaners to be on. The following example should get you where you want to be, but keep in mind that you might already have something else programmed under the specific Features/Circuits I used in my example. You will need to adjust the example to fit your system..

1. Push Menu button and then scroll down to Settings
2. Select Setting and then scroll down to Intelliflo
3. Select Intelliflo and then select Pump # (I assume number 1)
4. Scroll down to speeds and select speeds. Panel should show Flashing 1/8 in upper right side of display
5. Push the up button until you come to the 1st “unused” speed. (In my case it is 6/8)
6. Push select and the RPM should flash – Push up/dn arrows until you get the speed you want.
7. Push select and then scroll down and find feature 6 (Any unused feature will work)
8. Push select and then push Menu several times to return to the home screen.

1. Push Menu and the scroll down to schedules
2. Select schedules and scroll down to feature 6
3. Select feature 6 – shows 0/0 and None Flashing
4. Push the Up button to show New and then select New – should show 1/1 Flashing
5. Push Select and should show Schedule Flashing
6. Push Select and then adjust the start and stop times along with the days you want feature 6 on
7. Push menu several times to return the home screen

During the scheduled time, the pump should increase to the speed you set up under the pump menu. This assumes that the cleaner will be highest of all speeds you want to run during that time.
You can test your set up by pushing Menu and selecting F- Circuits and scrolling down to Feature 6 and push the select arrow and then the menu button. Do the same thing again to turn it off.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim thank you for the help!

I gave this a try and turns out that the free aux is not connected to anything. I opened the panel on my EashTouch 4 and the 4th aux is empty with nothing connected. Any idea what I need to connect to it for this type of scheduling to work? My first aux is connected to my blower and the second conrols the lights...

Sorry, but I'm puzzled. You say you gave my suggested set up a try and then started to talk about AUX 4??? Did my set up not work for you?

I used a Feature circuit, not an AUX circuit. The advantage of using a Feature circuit is that you are not using a relay that you might want to use elsewhere. And.. technically, you do not have an AUX4. You have the Pump/Filter#1 and AUX1, AUX2, and AUX3. That said, you can use AUX4 thru AUX 7, the same way you use Feature Circuits, although they have no relays, the button will still work to turn the circuit on and off, although the light above the button will not come on.

You can try to replace "Feature 6" with "Aux4" in my example above and give it a shot if you want, but to be honest, I do not have the time tonight to ensure that will work.

I don't mind looking at this again, but I need to know if my example did not work, or if you did not understand it. Tell me what happened when you tried to program it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sorry, but I'm puzzled. You say you gave my suggested set up a try and then started to talk about AUX 4??? Did my set up not work for you?

I used a Feature circuit, not an AUX circuit. The advantage of using a Feature circuit is that you are not using a relay that you might want to use elsewhere. And.. technically, you do not have an AUX4. You have the Pump/Filter#1 and AUX1, AUX2, and AUX3. That said, you can use AUX4 thru AUX 7, the same way you use Feature Circuits, although they have no relays, the button will still work to turn the circuit on and off, although the light above the button will not come on.

You can try to replace "Feature 6" with "Aux4" in my example above and give it a shot if you want, but to be honest, I do not have the time tonight to ensure that will work.

I don't mind looking at this again, but I need to know if my example did not work, or if you did not understand it. Tell me what happened when you tried to program it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

When I go into settings - scroll to Intelliflo 4 (as there is no other option) - (no option to pick pump #1) - screen 1/4 are the different aux.. IE pool, spa etc... no option for feature. I may just call a pool guy sounds like my firm ware or something is not the same.

Thanks for all your help!

Sorry about that, sounds like you have a different version Easytouch than I have. :( The units I have are all less than two years old and they are the only ones I have every played with. Still, the basic concept should still be the same.. Set up a new pump speed on the pump menu and then assign that speed to an AUX#. Then schedule that AUX# to turn on and off when you want. One advantage to using an AUX# is that you can also push the corresponding AUX button to manually turn it on or off.

Sorry I was not able to help.

Jim R.

CAP -
Mine is slightly different, however I don't have an EasyTouch. Sorry if this is not relevant.
At the pump LCD - I hit Menu - And Settings Shows - DONT HIT SETTINGS - use the down arrow to get to Speed 1-8 (next option) and hit select.
NOW you can scroll down through the speeds which correspond to the scheduled speeds (for me)
Speed 1-4 correspond to buttons 1-4 on the pump for a quick clean (They are on eggtimer setting) Speed 5 is my first customizable schedule setting. I keep this setting on a lower setting (1800) and schedule for like 8 hours.
Then I have Speed 6 set for a higher setting (2800) to help my skimmer and vacume clean. I set the schedule independent of Speed 5. If both Speeds are set to run at the same time, the higher setting takes effect - so I can run this higher setting for just a couple of hours.
Remember if you make a mistake in the setting, just hit escape to back up a level without saving (hit enter to save, select to choose)
Maybe your settings are similar to those? If not. Good luck.
Devon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.