Salt level keeps increasing

My guess would be that the salt may not have been fully dissolved and circulated through the pool when you initially tested the level. Bleach will add a minimal amount of salt also if you have had a lot of bleach that would affect it too.

I would not worry about it unless it's making alarms go off on the SWG. It will decrease gradually as you top off water.

What are you using to test your salt level? I use the Taylor salt test kit and it's very accurate

What kind of SWCG do you have? (You should update your signature with pool equipment info).

Many SWCG's are not temperature compensated. As the water heats up during the swim season, the conductivity of the pool water increases and many SWCGs show that as a higher salinity. Some units are temperature compensated and have a built in temperature probe so that the electronics can apply a correction factor.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is if the cell is reporting normal operation. SWCGs have very wide operating margins and produce chlorine over a wide array of water conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.