Deck preservative/coating recommendations

I have a deck next to the pool that has always been stained with TWP wood preservative. The horizontal areas in direct sun always fade badly and need re-staining every year or two at the most, while the verticals pretty much hold their color.
Looking for recommendations for a coating that would be more permanent, if there is such a thing. I HATE painting and re-staining, so looking to minimize upkeep!

attachment.php

I hear ya! It is a royal pain to power-wash, scrub, prep, and re-stain decking. Recently I tried one of those Behr exterior decking paints as opposed to just regular tinted stain. You can chose just about any color, and they have different levels of protection (i.e. 10 yr, 20 yr). It just seems a little thicker which I like. I just did it a little over a year ago. It's in full sun and I have 6 hyperactive dogs. So far it's holding-up pretty well.

I hear ya! It is a royal pain to power-wash, scrub, prep, and re-stain decking. Recently I tried one of those Behr exterior decking paints as opposed to just regular tinted stain. You can chose just about any color, and they have different levels of protection (i.e. 10 yr, 20 yr). It just seems a little thicker which I like. I just did it a little over a year ago. It's in full sun and I have 6 hyperactive dogs. So far it's holding-up pretty well.

My neighbor just sanded his deck and re-did it with the same product. It looks amazing. Filled in every void in the wood and made it look brand new. His deck surrounds his pool, the best part of it is that it's almost an anti slip coating too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.