CircuPool SJ-30 Polarity Problem

Todd S

Jun 28, 2015
Ocean Springs MS
Hi all. New to the forum.

I have a new SJ-30 installed on my month old vinyl 16x32 15,700 gallon pool. I decided to switch from trichlor to SWG as we like the way the saltwater "feels". I dissolved 440lbs of salt and started the unit 24 hours later. Works fine on all settings but polarity 1 at 25%. After about a minute, the trouble light comes on and it stops generating. The pool store confirmed 3500ppm salt this morning. I added another bag to raise it to theoretical 3800 but still have the issue. Anyone have any clues? Thanks!

Taylor K-2006 results
FC 5.2
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 120
CH 190
CYA 35 (added 4lbs after test)

Welcome.

I'm not completely sure that I can address all of your problems with the SWG but I do know that you need to significantly raise your CYA up to at the minimum 70ppm to run the SWG.

Also, if you could finish filling out your signature, it would be very helpful! What we need to know to answer your questions

I contacted the manufacturer and they were very helpful. He confirmed that there may be a problem with then controller and they're sending a new one. In the mean time I've been running the unit periodically on super CL. I'm able to keep the balance as below. How does this look?

FC 5
CC 0
pH 7.2
CYA 80
Salt 4100

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.