Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New home owner, came with first pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New home owner, came with first pool

Hello,

We bought our first house and it came with a in ground pool, so lots of learning to do. We used the pool for about a month in the early fall then paid to have it closed and then re opened. I am trying to maintain the pool myself. We have only used it once this summer because of the horrible weather we have been having and it became really cloudy and got a whitish growth (algae?) Thanks to this site I got a full recommended test kit and have been trying the SLAM process. I am not sure I am doing it right and have lots of questions, but the water is getting slowly clearer. I can see about 6 ft down into the deep end now, but can't quite see the bottom drains. Thanks to everyone for all the advice I have read so far and to come!
    16x32 IG Vinyl lined. 3ft shallow end, 7ft deep end. Approximately 19,000 gallons. It has an Auto Cover, 2 water jet features, a cartridge filter, heater, and a booster pump. No water restrictions. Test kit TF-100
    Sorry, for limited info new to pool so don't know what other stuff I have.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New home owner, came with first pool

Have you asked your questions in another thread? If not, toss 'em out here and we'll see what we can do to help you out.
    17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome.

Keep SLAM'ing the pool until you can pass the Overnight FC Loss Test. Brush the pool daily and vacuum too.

In your signature, you should add what kind of equipment you have. Also look at this: What we need to know to answer your questions
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Updated Signature with more information and started a thread with questions. Really appreciate all the help.
    16x32 IG Vinyl lined. 3ft shallow end, 7ft deep end. Approximately 19,000 gallons. It has an Auto Cover, 2 water jet features, a cartridge filter, heater, and a booster pump. No water restrictions. Test kit TF-100
    Sorry, for limited info new to pool so don't know what other stuff I have.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! Keep the SLAM going.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.