Pool lost 6" of water

DGS

Jun 23, 2015
memphis tn
From 6:30AM today until 9PM tonight the pool water level dropped 6"
The day before it lost 4"
The pool just finished a 3 day SLAM and looks great and is balanced and no one was in it until 7PM today.
I am eliminating "splash out of water" as there were only 3 people in it and the activity was pretty limited for those 2 hours (7pm-9PM)
Today was mainly overcast so it wasn't evaporation.

It doesn't appear to be a leak at the equipment pad.
I will do a bucket test but losing 4" and then 6" doesn't seem to warrant the test.
I am at a loss.
I can send photos in the morning of the equipment if you need to see what is what over there.
Help!
Thanks!

I would suggest to let the pool go until it stops leaking which can be at a few different points... the skimmer, a return, or the light niche if you have one.

Is it wet near your pump set up? Do you have a main drain? Do you notice it leaking faster when the pump is on or off?

but what does "let the pool go" mean?
It means let it leak down until it stops. That level will indicate where the leak is.

I also agree there is absolutely no need to do a bucket test. With the loss you are describing, no further confirmation is needed.

The water loss stopped at the bottom of the skimmer level.
Pool Expert came by and said it was a case of someone turning the multiport valve without turning off the power and/or not pressing down on handle when turning the multiport.
This caused the rubber gasket thing inside the multiport to "roll and compact itself"which allowed water to enter the waste chamber when the multiport was set to filter. A spillover effect from one chamber to the next.
Pool is no longer leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.