Barracuda 4G Loves the deep end

caliskier

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Barracuda 4G came with my house, it wants to spend 95% of its time in the deep end, in 4 hours of use I think it went to the shallow end once and that was after I had removed the weight completely. I have the flow tester and have it set right, I have the leaf catcher, the weight, liner pool. It was free so I don't care that much, we can push most of the dirt to the deep end when we sweep, swim, but would be nice if it worked right.

I have the flow set right, I have moved the weight to 6 or 7 locations on the last section of tubing including removing it completely. I have all but one return pointing down, the one that does not point down is waaaay in the shallow end, the G4 does not get anywhere near it before turning around to go back to the deep end.

I see it got bad reviews on amazon, so maybe it just sucks, or maybe there are some ways to fine tune it. Any advice?

Not really sure but someone should be along to help you figure it out.

you have to remember that the cleaner follows where the hose goes so if you have a lot of surface movement which "pushes" the hose away or keeps it down towards the deep end then that is where the cleaner will spend most of it time. you may have to play around with the returns, especially the one in the shallow end, so it will allow the hose to move towards that end. I would also suggest to add 1 maybe 2 lengths of hose to give it a bit more movement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.