Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation during startup of new pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation during startup of new pool?

Depending on the builder we go with, our build might be able to start relatively quickly, and even be plastered by early August. We have a week trip planned from Sept. 5th-12th and I'm concerned that might be too early in the startup process for the pool to be left unattended for a week. I've read keeping the PH in check is critical, but I don't know how you do that if you're not around to check it. Will the PH have settled down after almost a month? Is this enough of a concern to wait until after our trip to have the pool installed?
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacation during startup of new pool?

Will your builder service it for 30-90 days on start up? Some do and my builder wrote it in that way. Can always hire a pool company to handle for a bit! Enjoy your trip!

Free form | 14k gal | 81 pf | 3.5' - 5' - 4' | Dolphin M500 | intelli FLO VS 3 hp | heat pump ultra temp hp 90 | quad 60 DE | ic40 swcg | Aqua blue mini pebble | 5g LED

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacation during startup of new pool?

I'm not sure since we haven't got that detailed of a quote yet, but that's definitely something to look into. I don't know if I'd trust a pool service, but you'd think the pool builder would have a vested interest in keeping the chemicals right to protect the interior surface. I'll be sure to ask. Thanks for the tip!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!