Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: color water

1. Back To Top    #1

Barnesville, Ga

color water

I filled my new pool with water from the municiple water system and it had a shade of light yellow-green right outvof the faucet. It is not algae. I have balanced ph and chlorine and want to get the water clear. I ordered one of the reccommended test kits and itwill be here in a few days. Any thoughts on the water tint?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: color water

You can contact the utility and ask their iron content. I will bet that is what it is.

Here is a quote from Richard for a recent iron issue. Take a look at his links for iron filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post

Look at pictures in these threads and see if you don't get inspired. If you do, do what they did.
    A Tale of Two Filters... and Ugly, Rusty Water.
    Just got Taylor-2006 Test Kit. Want to verify what I should add.
    Results of first TF-100 test ran on fill water - Page 2

Let the pH and FC stay on the high end and grab as much precipitate as you can, and then add a metal sequestrant to deal with the leftovers.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: color water

How long ago did you fill it? Sometimes it will clear a few days after you get the the water balanced. Ours was a nice shade of green.

Please add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Getting Started
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach