Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquid Chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquid Chlorine

I was at Menards and they had liquid chlorine (12.5%) on sale for $1.97. I bought some but then started wondering if there are any ingredients I should avoid putting in the pool?? Should I only be looking at the 12.5% sodium hypochloride or do I also need to pay attention to the other ingredients?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    25x16 rectangular in ground pool with vinyl liner (14,000 gal). Sta-Rite sand filter. 1HP single speed Max-E-Pro pump. Pool owner since 2013.

2. Back To Top    #2
    NW Ohio

Re: Liquid Chlorine

Nope, the stuff they are selling there is good and when they have it on sale at that price it is a good buy! It will degrade fairly quickly so if you stock up make sure you don't get more than you will use in the next few weeks unless you can store it in a cool dark place.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento, CA

Re: Liquid Chlorine

I doubt there are any other additives to worry about. It should be sodium hypochlorite and a little sodium hydroxide (lye). That's it.
    15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM