Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stainless Weber Gas Grill Spots

1. Back To Top    #1

Stainless Weber Gas Grill Spots

I have a stainless steel Weber Genesis gas grill. I owned it for 2 years at a prior house that does not have a pool and it looked great. Now that the Polaris sprays it occasionally, it has spots. It is not like a rust because it is still smooth. It looks like corrosion of some sort. Does anyone know how I can clean this off?
    16,800 Gallons, In Ground, Plaster, Triton II Sand Filter, Century 2.5 HP, Polaris, Liquid CL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stainless Weber Gas Grill Spots

You can try some very fine steel wool and rub with it gently. Typically referred to as 000 or 0000 steel wool and sold in the paint isle in Home Depot or Lowes. Just go in the same direction as the brushed metal finish.
    30k gallon, replastered (June '15), 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward 60 sq ft DE filter, Hayward chlorinator, Rheem 406k heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

We probably have the same grill and I know what you are talking about. This is a before and after on my doors. I use Bar Keeper's Friend Soft Cleanser. Target, Lowes or Home Depot have it.

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/cle...soft-cleanser/

15'x30' IG - Roman-style - 14K - Pebble Fina Classico
    Filter: Jandy CL460 Pump: Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5 SWG: Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cleaner: Jandy RayVac Test Kit: TF-100 w/SpeedStir

Chlorine/CYA Chart----Extended Test Kit Directions----SLAM

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't use steel wool, it has a finish that steel wool will damage. I can sympathize with the stains because I also have them and I keep mine covered most of the time. I just gave up trying to clean them. It still cooks great.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

5. Back To Top    #5

After you get the spots removed and to protect new one's from forming, I would apply a thin film of oil-based stainless steel cleaner. I, along with several of my friends, use this one from Sam's: Sprayway® Stainless Steel Cleaner - 2/15oz can - Sam's Club.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Try Bar Keeper's Friend if the milder stuff doesn't work.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

After bar keepers friend, I use a lite cover of baby oil. Works great. Indoor saltwater pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the tips about Bar Keepers Friend everyone. I am going to try it on mine.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuyInNOLA View Post
    Thanks for the tips about Bar Keepers Friend everyone. I am going to try it on mine.
    How did it work?
    24' Round AGP

10. Back To Top    #10

Scaboney,

My wife happened to have some Bar Keepers Friend under the sink. I cleaned it two weeks ago and it worked great. Now my grill looks new again. Great stuff.

Dave