Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to get specific Jandy Leaf Master for above-ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to get specific Jandy Leaf Master for above-ground pool

Hi,

Based on what I've read at troublefreepool and elsewhere, I understand the Jandy Leaf-Master is one of the best tools for removing leaves and debris from a pool bottom. (Right now, I have a combo of relatively large debris and small silt-like debris so a leaf rake hasn't helped enough - gets many of the leaves out but stirs up the small debris so much that I can't see through the cloudy water to get the rest of the debris.)

Problem is, my Internet search for the Jandy Leaf-Master is bringing up what appear to be different Jandy Leaf Masters with, possibly, different parts and being sold for widely varying prices. I want to buy the most effective Leaf-Mater for an above-ground, vinyl pool and I'm looking for a Leaf-Master with the attachment that goes outside of my telescopic pole, rather than inside of it. I think I need a Leaf-Master with brushes rather than wheels. Does anyone know where specifically I can buy that kind of Leaf-Master?

Also, if I buy the Leaf-Master model # 2233 with wheels, can I remove the wheels + purchase brushes separately? If I use the wheels, will they harm my pool floor?

Thanks much.
    12 ft round above ground vinyl pool, 52 in depth (approximately 3600 gallons), non swg, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 16-inch, 110-120V with GFCI, pool installed August, 2006 on sand, new liner installed June, 2014, fill with hose water (refilled in august, 2017), use tf-50 test kit, except use hth phenal red ph test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to get specific Jandy Leaf Master for above-ground pool

I'm not very well versed in this area swimcat because I still manually vac after al these years... Hopefully someone else can help you.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Home Depot, Lowes,Leslies, all sell different versions and either a wheel or brush version. It is a great tool, especially if you have great water pressure. Also, a fine mesh bag option is good to have.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies &, sorry, for the late response - couldn't get on the website. Am going to look for the leaf-master locally at one of the places suggested.
    12 ft round above ground vinyl pool, 52 in depth (approximately 3600 gallons), non swg, Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 16-inch, 110-120V with GFCI, pool installed August, 2006 on sand, new liner installed June, 2014, fill with hose water (refilled in august, 2017), use tf-50 test kit, except use hth phenal red ph test.