Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A bit Cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

A bit Cloudy

Hello from Seattle! We have some hot (for us) weather, which is great for pool swimming! In case my signature didn't work - I have a 9 x 18 Intex pool, about 4800 gal. My numbers have been good, but I'm starting to see a little cloudiness. I use the TF-100 test kit. I had a bunch of boys swimming yesterday, so I did the test last night:

Fc: 2.0

CC: .5

TC: 2.5
    TA: 110
    CYA: 40
    Ph: 7.5

The calculator said to add 36 oz bleach. This morning it was better, but not crystal clear. I cleaned the filter last night, but I checked the intake filter in the pool, which was completely clogged. Could that be contributing to the cloudiness?
    Sharon
    Seattle, WA; 9x18 Intex Ultra Frame, 4,800 gal; AG; Krystal Clear Model 635T Filter Pump; Bought 2013; TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A bit Cloudy

Yes and all of the "additions" the boys added to your pool LOL

What was the intake filter clogged with? (I am not familiar with Intex pools so would like to learn about it.)

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Bugs, hair, you name it. I think the basket wasn't catching everything. Probably need to clean it out regularly.
    Sharon
    Seattle, WA; 9x18 Intex Ultra Frame, 4,800 gal; AG; Krystal Clear Model 635T Filter Pump; Bought 2013; TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Before a big swim day take your FC up to 10ppm. When they're finished take it up to 10 again. 2-3 hours later take it up to 10 again. You will be good for the next party.

Remember that it is safe to swim when FC is between miminum and shock level, Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

OK great advice! Will definitely do that. Thanks so much!
    Sharon

6. Back To Top    #6

And, it helps to run your filter when they are done swimming. When I have a bunch of people over, I always bump my chlorine up higher than normal and I've never had a problem. Good luck and welcome to TFP.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter