Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Close to purchase, advice?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sedona, AZ

Close to purchase, advice?

Hi there folks,

Newbie alert! Please forgive me if this post is in the wrong place...

I am considering a couple different pools, but I am new to above ground pools and am worried about making a decision I'll regret. I've got two options in front of me right now, but am open to suggestions. I live in a small Arizona town with no local pool store, so I am limited to purchasing online. I am looking for an 18' round pool and I plan to do the install. Upgrades and additional items brings each of the two packages to about 3200 shipped. Being a newbie, I want to be sure these aren't lemons and they are a reasonable value for the money. Any advice, suggestions, and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Best Above Ground Pools - The Pool Factory
    Considering their Quest 18' round pool, which they tell me is made by Wilbar.
    18'x54 Quest Round Pool

Above Ground Pools - On Ground Pools - InGround Pools
    Considering their Chesapeake 18' round pool, which they tell me is made by Doughboy.
    Chesapeake Round 54 Sub-Assy for CaliMar Above Ground Poo

Thanks in advance for your help!

Trying to beat the heat in Sedona Arizona

2. Back To Top    #2

Dewinton, Alberta

Re: Close to purchase, advice?

I don't have experience with either brand, but I have heard the name Doughboy dropped in these forums many times as a good brand. Someone with more knowledge will chime in

3. Back To Top    #3

Argyle, TX

The Quest is also known as a Morada and a few other names and is what I have.
    Big Resin top rails are nice and do not get too hot like metal resin bottom track and large uprights
    Try this site they call it the New Yorker
    And it has the upgrade aluminum wall and a upgrade liner
    National Discount Pool Supplies - Above Ground Pools and Supplies

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

I bought my Sharkline pool from poolsupplyworld and it's a great pool. Resin bottom rails with boots and resin top rails. I didn't even pay what you're looking to pay for my 24fter. I even got free shipping. I dunno... I figured I just drop in and tell you what I have. It's a great pool.

Good Luck.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I would agree with Casey, check out poolsupplyworld. I just bought a Sharkline Venture about a month ago and it was about half those prices. It was installed yesterday and looks great! Check out my build for more pictures.
    My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir