Jun 27, 2015
Atoka, TN
Hi everyone, I just registered, but I have been using this forum for just about 1 year. I am proud to say I am now a TFP believer, a BBB user, a Taylor K-2006 test kit owner, and have been pool store free for just about one year. I've owned my pool for about 6 years. When my TFP journey started last year I was having algae problems. I was already interested in alternative methods for treating my pool as I just didn't trust the pool store guys and always spent a ton of money. Then the algae hit. I would treat then it would just come back. I was about ready to give up when I found this site. Once I got my kit and could check my levels, I am ashamed to say what my CYA level was, but it was way north of triple digits. I ended up doing a partial drain and refill and slammed away. Algae problems eliminated. My pool is clear and awesome. I keep my levels as recommended on this site, including a CYA from 40-50. I also have been slowly adding borates. I would say my biggest issue is my pool takes full sun and in these hot Tennessee summer days and heavy swim use (4 kids) I go through a LOT of bleach. But it is still cheaper than all the pucks and shock and chemicals (I didn't need) and then algae treatments. I have learned so much on this site, thank you all. I peach the BBB gospel to anyone who will listen.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Oh yeah, I've lurked for a long time. I never had to join to ask a specific question because everything I ever needed was already covered somewhere here. I sure have learned a lot from this site and just thought I should let everyone know.

Welcome out of lurkdom! Isn't it nice to be able to enjoy the pool and not have to worry about algae?!

I've gotten so many compliments on my pool from *It's so clean!* to *I believe it's the cleanest, brightest pool in the neighborhood!!!* Which in fact is true!!!! I'm right behind ya in preaching it to anyone who wants to know the secret... which isn't a big secret here. :mrgreen:

My husband loves the fact that he can use it at any time, day or night and he doesn't have to worry about a green pool EVER!!! He;s never seen the pool cloudy and I've had it up n running for 3 years now. So good for you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support