Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi everyone, I just registered, but I have been using this forum for just about 1 year. I am proud to say I am now a TFP believer, a BBB user, a Taylor K-2006 test kit owner, and have been pool store free for just about one year. I've owned my pool for about 6 years. When my TFP journey started last year I was having algae problems. I was already interested in alternative methods for treating my pool as I just didn't trust the pool store guys and always spent a ton of money. Then the algae hit. I would treat then it would just come back. I was about ready to give up when I found this site. Once I got my kit and could check my levels, I am ashamed to say what my CYA level was, but it was way north of triple digits. I ended up doing a partial drain and refill and slammed away. Algae problems eliminated. My pool is clear and awesome. I keep my levels as recommended on this site, including a CYA from 40-50. I also have been slowly adding borates. I would say my biggest issue is my pool takes full sun and in these hot Tennessee summer days and heavy swim use (4 kids) I go through a LOT of bleach. But it is still cheaper than all the pucks and shock and chemicals (I didn't need) and then algae treatments. I have learned so much on this site, thank you all. I peach the BBB gospel to anyone who will listen.
    27 Foot Above Ground Pool Vinyl Liner - 17,100 gallons
    Hayward XStream CC10092S cartridge filter / 1 hp PowerFlo pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member

Bryan! That is so awesome to hear!

Those kids must love it! No more "sorry kids you can't swim today. I have to work on the pool"!

Good job!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats, Bryan & welcome aboard! Having water your neighbors envy is pretty awesome, isn't it?

Great job in getting your pool under YOUR control!

Lisa
    33 Round AGP, 26K gal, vinyl liner, 1 HP single speed pump, 1 Hayward wide mouth skimmer, Pentair sand filter, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Red Leopard Orbit suction auto vac, Pool School, TFTestkits, PoolMath, Support this Site!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP, even if you have been lurking for a year!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Oh yeah, I've lurked for a long time. I never had to join to ask a specific question because everything I ever needed was already covered somewhere here. I sure have learned a lot from this site and just thought I should let everyone know.
    27 Foot Above Ground Pool Vinyl Liner - 17,100 gallons
    Hayward XStream CC10092S cartridge filter / 1 hp PowerFlo pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the bright side!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome out of lurkdom! Isn't it nice to be able to enjoy the pool and not have to worry about algae?!

I've gotten so many compliments on my pool from *It's so clean!* to *I believe it's the cleanest, brightest pool in the neighborhood!!!* Which in fact is true!!!! I'm right behind ya in preaching it to anyone who wants to know the secret... which isn't a big secret here.

My husband loves the fact that he can use it at any time, day or night and he doesn't have to worry about a green pool EVER!!! He;s never seen the pool cloudy and I've had it up n running for 3 years now. So good for you!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

A friend of mine uses his neighbor's pool, his brother's pool and my pool on occasion. He says mine is, by far, the best. Guess which 2 pools are the "pool store" pools.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieO View Post
    A friend of mine uses his neighbor's pool, his brother's pool and my pool on occasion. He says mine is, by far, the best. Guess which 2 pools are the "pool store" pools.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

10. Back To Top    #10

The childhood song came to mind reading DebbieO's post: "One of these things aint like the others.. One of these things isnt the same...."

A very belated welcome to TFP Bryan94..... Congrads on keeping your pool clean and clear.
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)