New Readings, Low TA

fatboy1271

LifeTime Supporter
Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted my numbers. I just ran a full test and there are some differences from the last time I did a full test, which was probably too long ago...

FC = 4.5 - With my CYA at 30 I am at my target
pH = 7.6 - I misread PoolMath and added 3 cups so it will be a little lower
TA = 50 - This used to consistently run around 120...?
CH = 400 - This used to be around 550...?
CYA = 30 - Last year this was 100+. Before SLAM this spring it had thankfully dropped to 40...?

The ...? means I don't understand why these dropped, as I haven't done anything specific to change them. The water is crystal clear; it reminds me everyday how ugly my plaster is and how it needs to be redone. I run my Nautilus Dolphin multiple times a day.

Draining and adding water due to rain, splash out, cleaning filter, etc will help/cause the water to change. It looks like the changes were all good things!

I try to do at whole set of tests once a week. I also go so far as to do an OCLT every other week to make sure there is nothing bad brewing.

Hey at least you can see the bottom of your pool! LOL

Believe me NO one will say no thanks to swimming in your pool just because of plaster. Green water=not thanks so..........you are doing just fine!

Kim

Draining and adding water due to rain, splash out, cleaning filter, etc will help/cause the water to change. It looks like the changes were all good things!

I try to do at whole set of tests once a week. I also go so far as to do an OCLT every other week to make sure there is nothing bad brewing.

Hey at least you can see the bottom of your pool! LOL

Believe me NO one will say no thanks to swimming in your pool just because of plaster. Green water=not thanks so..........you are doing just fine!

Kim

Thanks for the awesome reply Kim!!!

I'm extremely happy with the change in CYA from last year. Trying to understand the CYA test when you're out of range is not fun...

I guess I need to change up my frequency of testing. I do my dailies (FC and pH) religiously; however, I tend to go a month or longer on the rest of the tests.

I will look in my kit but I'm not sure what OCLT means.

Yes, people have been happily coming over to see us, I mean use our pool :) Thankfully the plaster's not so bad that we have to spend the money on it right now, but it's something I'd like to do in the next couple years. Hopefully we can switch to SWG this winter, move our equipment, and replaster. That could all be a pipe dream too, but ya never know.

Here is the link to the OCLT. It is an awesome tool/test to do to keep ahead of any yuckies!

Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

The only thing bad about it is first thing in the morning before sun hits the pool part LOL

Kim

Ah, yes! Funny I was thinking of doing this as a test. I obviously had to do this at the end of my SLAM and I did wonder if it's something I should do every once in a while "just to see..." Now I know :)

Thanks again Kim! You Rock!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.