Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wanted to thank all who help out here.

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Wanted to thank all who help out here.

Having chased my tail for the past couple of years of pool ownership, and Pool supply Places, I have found a solution... TFP!

Upon opening my pool this year to a Green MESS and roughly 1000 tadpoles, I decided to try something different, (Which led me here).

I knew there had to be a better way, (and one that made sense). When I started reading that I wasn't alone in my misery, I did a WHOLE lot more reading in these forums about the SLAM process, and it made sense to me. I ordered one of the reccomended test kits (K-2006), and started a SLAM of my own without even starting a profile on the forum here. The wife thought I was nuts, but I told her to NOT add ANY chemicals to the pool without checking with me first... She didn't listen at first, but when I said that she was on her own if she didn't let me do my thing, she came around. The down side is that I am the ONLY one that tests, and adjusts the Chemicals to this day... which I don't mind.

I am VERY PLEASED to inform you all that the SLAM was a huge success! My water is crystal clear, and it only took a week to get it this way.
    The SLAM happened about a month ago, and I have since been playing with my CYA levels to try to reduce my bleach requirements, (with some success I may add). I am down to about 1/2 bottle of 8.25% per day.
    My wife recently commented on how much we were spending on bleach and (mistakenly) thought that it was excessive. To which I dug out the reciepts from all the chemicals I had added to the pool LAST year, close to $1500 (she didn't realize just how much I spent last year because I was the one buying it all). That shut her up (LOL).
    I want to add that I think I have ALSO reached a level of PH BLISS .... as my PH has held steady at 7.4 for the past 3 weeks! ... Something that has not happened in the past 5 years of pool ownership!

Like the title of this post says... THANK YOU to all that help make this forum what it is... it has helped me more than any thing else has.
    14600 gal Intex 24' Round 52" deep AG Pool (Heavily Modified)
    200lb sand filter w/2 speed 1.5/0.5hp pump
    Stenner 45MHP10 Liquid Chlorine (well... bleach) Injector. Borates added.
    K-2006 test kit w/Speedstir
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Wanted to thank all who help out here.

You are very welcome.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the feedback and testimony to TFPC. Enjoy your summer!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

The mods and members here are the best!
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

That is awesome, I am glad everything worked out
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

Great Post!

enjoy the pool for the rest of the summer! Troublefree of course!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

I just read back through my original post here... I SHOULD have said that we stopped counting at close to the $1500 mark.

Again... THANK YOU ALL!
    14600 gal Intex 24' Round 52" deep AG Pool (Heavily Modified)
    200lb sand filter w/2 speed 1.5/0.5hp pump
    Stenner 45MHP10 Liquid Chlorine (well... bleach) Injector. Borates added.
    K-2006 test kit w/Speedstir
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

8. Back To Top    #8

Good job! Enjoy the pool.

Anyone who thinks TFP has helped them can help keep the lights on and CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon