LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Having chased my tail for the past couple of years of pool ownership, and Pool supply Places, I have found a solution... TFP!

Upon opening my pool this year to a Green MESS and roughly 1000 tadpoles, I decided to try something different, (Which led me here).

I knew there had to be a better way, (and one that made sense). When I started reading that I wasn't alone in my misery, I did a WHOLE lot more reading in these forums about the SLAM process, and it made sense to me. I ordered one of the reccomended test kits (K-2006), and started a SLAM of my own without even starting a profile on the forum here. The wife thought I was nuts, but I told her to NOT add ANY chemicals to the pool without checking with me first... She didn't listen at first, but when I said that she was on her own if she didn't let me do my thing, she came around. The down side is that I am the ONLY one that tests, and adjusts the Chemicals to this day... which I don't mind.

I am VERY PLEASED to inform you all that the SLAM was a huge success! My water is crystal clear, and it only took a week to get it this way.
The SLAM happened about a month ago, and I have since been playing with my CYA levels to try to reduce my bleach requirements, (with some success I may add). I am down to about 1/2 bottle of 8.25% per day.
My wife recently commented on how much we were spending on bleach and (mistakenly) thought that it was excessive. To which I dug out the reciepts from all the chemicals I had added to the pool LAST year, close to $1500 (she didn't realize just how much I spent last year because I was the one buying it all). That shut her up (LOL).
I want to add that I think I have ALSO reached a level of PH BLISS .... as my PH has held steady at 7.4 for the past 3 weeks! ... Something that has not happened in the past 5 years of pool ownership!

Like the title of this post says... THANK YOU to all that help make this forum what it is... it has helped me more than any thing else has. :mrgreen:

I just read back through my original post here... I SHOULD have said that we stopped counting at close to the $1500 mark.

Again... THANK YOU ALL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.