Forclosure Swamp Conversion

coffeegoddss

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2012
Minooka, IL
My brother recently bought a foreclosure with a pool (AND a beach - but that's neither here nor there; I'm just jealous :p). It had been closed up for at least a year - maybe two. I admit, I may have pressured him to buy this particular house simply because I wanted to get my hands on the pool and play with the chemistry...

It's an AGP, 27 ft. It had been covered. But everything was gone - no pump, no filter, nothing. He ended up getting a cartridge filter/pump. We were pleasantly surprised to find wedding cake steps in it after we uncovered the pool - now if we can just find the hand rail. We do still need to get the steps completely out but there's a sand bag wedged in the bottom step and no one wants to brave the cold water. It's an older pool and we have to do some research to find out just what kind because it looks like we may have to replace some cap and rail parts. It's been a week and we're looking pretty good! We've gone through approximately 90 64oz jugs of bleach! The recyclers must think we cleaned up a crime scene in the house!

That's very impressive on how far you have come in 8 days! And I think that liner is super cool. lol

Thank you, all!

Honestly, I can't brlieve how far we got either. They hadn't occupied the house when we started so it was a bit of driving back and forth for me (at least it was just across town) and I wasn't able to test every hour or so. Even his neighbor greets me as the Pool Lady now. I'm glad they finally moved in - I was spending more time there than they were. Lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.