aserrano36

Jun 27, 2015
Waco Texas
Just wanted to introduce myself! I am married, a working mom(on summer break), and I have 4 girls and 1 boy! I bought this pool to entertain the family and try to stay cool during our hot Texas summers! No pics so far but I will post soon. I am really nervous about all this pool stuff but I like what I have read so far! I don't have the test kit everyone is talking about but I am ordering one. With that said I bought a lot of stuff when I bought my pool. 3 in chlorine tabs, a floater, a small bag of shock, some ph increaser, and some algecide 40. Should I return all those items(will help pay for new test kit)? Right now I am using the hth multi-purpuse 6 way test strips. My readings last night and this morning are ALK 80 PH 7.8 FREE CL 0 HARD 200 CYA 40. We had a big storm blow in last night so my pool is almost over flowing. We used the pool yesterday but I am holding off on it today unitl I know what to do! Ready to learn!:paddle:

Welcome to TFP!

aserrano36 said:
With that said I bought a lot of stuff when I bought my pool. 3 in chlorine tabs, a floater, a small bag of shock, some ph increaser, and some algecide 40. Should I return all those items...
I would return the shock bags and the algaecide. You can keep the 3" chlorine (trichlor) tabs and the floater for temporary use whenever you are out of town. The tabs will last almost indefinitely if they are kept in their original container and it is tightly sealed and stored out of direct sunlight.