Liner Change Question

dbales

Jun 27, 2015
Grand Rapids, MI
Greetings! I have just started to replace my vinyl liner on my 18 x 36 foot inground pool. I pulled the old liner out to get more accurate measurements and when I did I noticed some of the steel walls were corroded/rusty. Is it OK to take a polishing/grinding wheel to the walls to clean them up before installing the new liner. It appears to be all just surface rust. I am not sure of the type of metal is used and if there are big concerns about rusting for the future.

Also, is it easy or advisable to take any of the panels off? I have a safety rope eyebolt/attachment point on one wall that won't unscrew because the nut on the inside is spinning freely. I would like to be able to take the attachment off and reinstall it with the new liner but it seems the only way to do that is to take the panel off.

Dale

Scrape your walls real good and install wall foam to protect the new liner. As for the rope and float anchor if they spin you will have to cut it off, if your pool has aluminum coping you can get coping mount rope and float anchors. If your deck is cantilever there are rope anchors that you can install, the distributor I use (Imperial Pools) has this type of anchor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.