Hello from Minnesota.

Brat

Jun 26, 2015
mpls/mn
I look forward to picking your minds on the myriad of pool issues that come up. I've read a few threads, and there's a lot of great knowledge out there. I look forward to being a part of this pool forum, if for only 4 months a year:cry:.

Hey Brat! Welcome. Have you checked out Pool School Yet and looked into a TF100 test kit? They are the best kits on the market. You can check them out here:Test Kit Comparison

I spoke with the pool builder yesterday. The project will begin next Monday when the carpenter comes over to move the staircase leading from the deck off house upper level (walkout rambler) into backyard. The staircase runs diagonally across the back of the house and I didn't want it blocking the view of the pool.

Pool builder is recommending Paramount's o3/UV combo system to reduce need for chemicals. He's also recommending Hayward Tiger Shark auto pool cleaner. I did a bit of quick research and found I like the Maytronics Dolphin cleaner better than the Tiger Shark. The reviews on the Dolphin are better than the Tiger Shark while the price is about the same. One item I've been mulling over is where to store my pool stuff. Initially I'll store in the garage, but will eventually have an outside cabinet built.

Welcome to TFP! If you haven't found it already, there are LOTS of posts on TFP about automated cleaners, so put our search feature to good use. I would let some of our fellow TFP'ers chime-in about the UV combo. I'm no expert on those, but some of our forum members may have personal experience with that product and will give you an honest review. And as Casey mentioned above, make sure you order that TF-100 test kit before you fill with new water. Enjoy your time with TFP!