Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Minnesota.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Minnesota.

I look forward to picking your minds on the myriad of pool issues that come up. I've read a few threads, and there's a lot of great knowledge out there. I look forward to being a part of this pool forum, if for only 4 months a year.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Minnesota.

Hey Brat! Welcome. Have you checked out Pool School Yet and looked into a TF100 test kit? They are the best kits on the market. You can check them out here:Test Kit Comparison
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Brat. I'm building a pool in southern Minnesota. The project should start next week, or the week after. How long have you owned your pool? Charlie.
    In-ground 22ft x 44ft freeform concrete base w stainless steel sides w 2 LED lights - under track auto pool cover - pool ledge 6ftx16ftx(8in deep) w 2 LED bubblers - 8ft diving board - built in basketball-n-volleyball - Turbo Twister slide - OmniLogic controller - color laminars (4) - built in spa - ozone/UV combo sanitizer - Charlie

4. Back To Top    #4

I spoke with the pool builder yesterday. The project will begin next Monday when the carpenter comes over to move the staircase leading from the deck off house upper level (walkout rambler) into backyard. The staircase runs diagonally across the back of the house and I didn't want it blocking the view of the pool.
    In-ground 22ft x 44ft freeform concrete base w stainless steel sides w 2 LED lights - under track auto pool cover - pool ledge 6ftx16ftx(8in deep) w 2 LED bubblers - 8ft diving board - built in basketball-n-volleyball - Turbo Twister slide - OmniLogic controller - color laminars (4) - built in spa - ozone/UV combo sanitizer - Charlie

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool builder is recommending Paramount's o3/UV combo system to reduce need for chemicals. He's also recommending Hayward Tiger Shark auto pool cleaner. I did a bit of quick research and found I like the Maytronics Dolphin cleaner better than the Tiger Shark. The reviews on the Dolphin are better than the Tiger Shark while the price is about the same. One item I've been mulling over is where to store my pool stuff. Initially I'll store in the garage, but will eventually have an outside cabinet built.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP! If you haven't found it already, there are LOTS of posts on TFP about automated cleaners, so put our search feature to good use. I would let some of our fellow TFP'ers chime-in about the UV combo. I'm no expert on those, but some of our forum members may have personal experience with that product and will give you an honest review. And as Casey mentioned above, make sure you order that TF-100 test kit before you fill with new water. Enjoy your time with TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!