Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new build in South Texas thread (caught a thief) funny-sort of

1. Back To Top    #1

new build in South Texas thread (caught a thief) funny-sort of

Those of you who have seen or followed my thread "new build in South Texas" can appreciate the effort we put into our build. Well someone wanted what we have!! I have 13 cameras that cover the outside of my house and surrounding area. The video will show someone trying to steal our 55' Sunbrite flat screen. It is enclosed in a weather resistant case. It weighs 125 lbs. The thief came over the wall and tried to remove the TV. He couldn't do it and proceeded to look for tools in the outdoor kitchen cabinets. He found a bottle opener in the fridge (left the beer) and tried do use this to remove the TV. This is where the video starts. The video is short. When he wasn't successful he ran, but then came back and looked in the windows and tried the doors in the house. MY WIFE WAS HOME!! The dogs saw him looking in the window and starting barking and alerted my wife who didn't know what they were barking at. The thief ran and by the time my wife let the dogs out the thief had jumped the wall and she never saw him, but the cameras caught everything.
    Long story short, thief caught and arrested. Trying to steal the TV is one thing, trying to get in the house is unforgivable!! I was not home, I was at work. I have a concealed weapons license and had the doors not been locked, and he gained entry and I was home the outcome could have been different for this young man.
    The video is funny, sort of. The video is connected to my photo bucket account, click to play

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: new build in South Texas thread (caught a thief) funny-sort of

Lol, glad you caught him and he was intimidated by that TV
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

I should have added that when the police interviewed him, he was asked by the detective what happened to your head? "I fell". Are you sure a TV didn't fall on your head? "No man" You want to see a video? The detective played it and the wise a__ THIEF laughed and said " you should send it to Americas funniest home videos" He doesn't even know about the series "Caught in the act"

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by martinkennedy View Post
    I should have added that when the police interviewed him, he was asked by the detective what happened to your head? "I fell". Are you sure a TV didn't fall on your head? "No man" You want to see a video? The detective played it and the wise a__ THIEF laughed and said " you should send it to Americas funniest home videos" He doesn't even know about the series "Caught in the act"
    Lol, can't argue with stupid when it is on video...lol
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I'm glad nothing more serious happened and that we can laugh at the video. What an idiot.... so good he was caught. Is he a young kid? I'd love to have seen his face if he saw your dogs!! Do you still have the three?

Thank goodness ya'll are ok! Take care, always. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Suz, we still have the dogs. As he was trying the door handsels and looking through the windows the dogs saw him and sounded off. He could see them getting off their couches and that is when he high tailed it out of the yard. He is 18.

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, the video is far from funny to me only because I'd be really freaking mad that he was hanging off it like an ape n I paid for it with my hard earned money. Another thing is that if I'd of seen him, he'd of been digesting lead on the patio. He's very lucky you weren't home because We'd of done the same thing to him... Ya know?!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I think the video itself is hilarious, if considering only the thief's stupidity. Then again, his even trying isn't funny and in my house as well he could have had excess lead added to his diet, and a legal and media mess for me until settled. I just can't grasp thieves.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

After the TV fell on the thief, he ran. I told you he came back and looked in the windows and tried the doors until the dogs saw him and he ran. Here is that video. Click on it and it will rum from my photo bucket account

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

That's creepy. It's great you have all those cameras. Did the cats get upset?
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm glad to see you are trying to have a sense of humor about this. If I were in your situation, I couldn't care less about the TV, but I'd be PO'd that someone invaded my private sanctuary like that. There is no price for your sense of security and safety. I hope you follow this person's case through the court system, make contact with the prosecutor, and fight like heck to make sure he pays restitution, gets a long term of probation, and perhaps even wears an ankle monitor. He is too young to start down this path and needs a harsh wakeup call.

But the video is indeed funny....ha!
    Replastered 2015: Sunstone Quartz Midnight Blue 16x32 rectangular gunite with in-pool spa....18,000 gallons. Autopilot Total Control System with SWG and acid pump. Pentair Clean & Clear 420. Auto cover. TF-100.

12. Back To Top    #12

It's a darn shame your dog couldn't get out.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter