Running two pumps at the same time?

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Hi all

Just curious whether two pumps can be run at the same time through the same skimmer (2 in) and return return lines (x2 @ 1.5 in)? Would that produce too much pressure for the equipment or lines?

Not sure i have a particular Reason to run both pumps mind you....

Cheers
Tom
946212d488b3133e371ed4784b693b6b.jpg

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG

What is the point of this setup? Redundancy?

Your sig says the TriStar is .5hp and that is a smaller VS pump. You may be able to run both, but why? I prefer not paying any extra to the electrical company.

Yup - the one on the right is the tristar - good eyes. The one on the left is a DC brushless motor (ECM) pump that runs directly from solar panels through an MPPT PV direct controller. That pump runs off 1500W of solar (producing up to 75V)

The DC pump will run when it is cloudy, but it won't if it raining. The AC pump is for those times when we need to circulate the water for 24 hours or more (pool opening??). I am a new pool owner - the catch for me is our house is off the grid, so a standard 240 Vac pump would strain (cycle) my batteries too much (which is why we don't have air conditioning either!)

I am in Florida, so I have absolutely zero experience with opening/closing of pools, only cleaning up the swamp that forms after "closing" a pool when it is too cold to swim. I'm sure there is some good info in the pool school section on pump run times when opening your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.