Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deep end dimensions

1. Back To Top    #1

Deep end dimensions

The pb is getting close to what we want. The wing wall is going away at the bottom of the stairs but over all dimensions of pool is good. My concern is that our deep end only has 20' 6" and I originally thought it had to be 24'. We are having a diving board, so this concerns me. I need some expert advice please

I tried to post a picture but I can't get it to post. Dimensions are 20x40' 1"x 10.
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deep end dimensions

Not sure I understand what you mean by 1" x 10.

Take a look at the recommendations here: http://www.srsmith.com/media/47241/0...i-standard.pdf

There are examples up to 9'. The 9' depth suggests the deep end (from deep end wall to the 5' water depth point) of the pool should consume 24' in length.

If you are saying your pool is 10' deep, I would be concerned with only 20'6".
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the guideline info spool. Our deep end depth is 8'. The total length of the pool is 44' 1". By the guideline it looks like we are okay.
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh perfect. You'll be fine. Mine is also 8' in depth. Below is what I gave my PB. My 8' to 5' consumes 18' 6".

2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir