Second issue with our Hayward H400ED2 pool heater

RJL

Jun 8, 2015
Manahawkin, NJ
Our first issue with this unit I resolved 2 weeks ago or so with the help of you folks here. I was getting an IF code and wound up replacing the damaged igniter, that didn't do the trick so I bought a new control panel from Pool zoom and it worked like a brand new unit, until today. I didn't use the heater for a week or so because of some rain and the weather was hot. I selected the temperature setting (we have a digital control pad). The heater sounded like it tried to ignite once and then threw an LO code that won't be cleared. Now what? I looked over the manual and it's showing everything from insufficient flow, to some electrical issues. I cleaned the skimmer baskets and the basket before the return into the filter. I back washed and rinsed the filter and same "LO" code. Any suggestions before I just break down and call somebody to fix it?

Thanks,

Bob

**UPDATE** I back washed and rinsed 4 or 5 inches out of our nearly 30,000 pool this past hour and the heater works. Back washed 3 separate times before dumping the last big amount out. Anyway it's working. We had a bad wind storm a few days ago that loaded the the pool with pine needles and lost power for nearly 2 days so the sand in the filter must have been pretty dirty.

Just an FYI

Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.