Increase TA?

You are using a good amount of acid and there might be some ways to reduce it. Reducing the amount of aeration is the first step and targeting a higher pH will be the next step. The pH will rise slower when it's near 7.8 and you should see how long it will stay at 7.8.

To cover all bases, how old is the plaster?

I do have a 2 port ball valve that controls the amount of return to the spa (in pool mode). Based on your replies, I have turned the valve so that maybe 1/3 of the water going to the spa remains. This is just based on observation of the "waterfall" going over the spa spillover. I knew that aeration would increase PH, but also knew that shutting off all the water to the spa was not an option. Didn't think about just reducing the spa flow (DUH). Thanks for the replies and tips!

I have my spa adjusted so the water just trickles down the side to eliminate any splashing. Keep an eye on the FC level in the spa for the next few days to make sure it is getting enough water exchange.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.