Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

We are going through the pool build process as we speak, but wanted to get some pics posted so you could see our progress. Thanks for looking.

Hope I'm doing this right.
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A country boy's pool build...Dean, Texas

looks great, do those large white doors on the small building swing out towards the pool? If so just want to make sure there is sufficient clearance for them to open past the rock waterfall.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

3. Back To Top    #3

That isn't the way my shop looks, its just how the design looks. My doors open up. My wifes pool will be sandwiched between our house and my work shop.
    102 Perimeter Freeform Pool, Rock Waterfall, Jandy Deck Jets, Depth 3'6" - 6', Stonescapes Aqua Blue Mini Pebble, Inpool Table, Rock Salt Decking, Jandy 2.0 Epump, Jandy 580 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Jandy Power Center w/ PDA, Stenner Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Talk about fast digging. They showed up at 8:00am and were long gone by 2:00pm. I guess it helped that they could dump the dirt on our grounds.

5. Back To Top    #5

Clay! Will your wife allow you in her pool? Do you allow her in your workshop? LOL

I am glad to see another door to get the big stuff out of the shop. Best not drive anything into the pool!

Thanks for letting us watch your build!

How much land do you have? What are you going to do with the dirt? I have a hole here in Florida you could dump it in! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Our fenced in area is about 3 acres, but including our wheat field it's just over 15 acres. I always find somewhere that I need to put dirt around our property, but feel free to come get a truck load anytime..Ha

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It's looking great! Your wife is going to have a terrific pool!!! What are the other dimensions? Length, width, sf?

Don't you love artist's renditions???? I prefer how your yard, house, and shop look in reality. I would love to have some of your wide open skies!!!! Can't wait to see the next stage! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Rebar done already? WOW!

Now go measure it. Add about 3 inches for the plaster. This is when you can make sure the benches are the size they should be and it is as deep or shallow as you wanted it.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I added a bench on the house side of the pool. PB added it and didn't charge me any extra. Wonder what else I can get away with for free?

11. Back To Top    #11

I had to look for it but once you said that I saw it.

HUmmmmmmmmmmmm how about a GOOD test kit like in my siggy????

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks like it will be a beauty. I love the table area, that is such a cool feature.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

13. Back To Top    #13

I don't see pics? Feeling very left out. I just see blue question marks.

Sulking
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

14. Back To Top    #14

Sorry. Does it work now?

photo (4).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo (5).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Back To Top    #15

photo (3).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Still trying to get the picture posting down.

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

There must still be a few issues with the site when it comes to pictures. I've been seeing your pictures fine. Yesterday, when Sunbaby posted she couldn't see anything, I could still see most with the exception of one or two blue question marks.

Now, I can't see any of the 'old' pictures, but I do see the ones you posted today. In place of the 'old' pictures are the tiny black boxes with an x in each. Sooooooo, I don't think it's you, I think it's the trouble with the server or whatever. 'They' will get it all worked out! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

I can see them all. Maybe it's just the Texas ladies having issues. Sunbaby is sleep deprived.
    That is is going to be a great sanctuary from the heat. Will you be able to tow it behind you when you go RVing?
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

18. Back To Top    #18

Yay! Now I can see the new pics! Thank you. Feeling SUPER special, thanks for reposting! Pool builds are so exciting. I am thinking I should change my career and become a GM for a pool builder. That would be an amazing job! I could get all excited every day!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    I can see them all. Maybe it's just the Texas ladies having issues. Sunbaby is sleep deprived.
    That is is going to be a great sanctuary from the heat. Will you be able to tow it behind you when you go RVing?
    We haven't been able to use the RV much this year with all the kids sports going on. We are a drag racing family and have been doing it for over 20 years, so the RV pulls our trailer and car most of the time. I do try to sneak the RV down to a few Dallas Cowboy games every year.

20. Back To Top    #20

My wife and I have narrowed our stonescapes minipebble down to either aqua blue or tropics blue. They have that touch of glass option to add, but haven't seen a whole lot about it on the forum. Anyone have recent experience with it?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast