Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Above Ground Pool Install - NE Kansas

1. Back To Top    #1

New Above Ground Pool Install - NE Kansas

I received the call last night that my pool installer plans install my pool this Saturday!

Some background:
    I have been planning this for over a year. Just bought a new house and new I wanted to install a pool, previously lived in a condo that had a community pool. I have been gathering supplies during this period and ordered my pool just a couple of weeks ago from Pool Supply World. I purchased a 24' x 52" Sharkline Venture, 1.0 hp 2 speed Pentair Dynamo, Pentair Sand Dollar 80 filter, Pentair Aqualuminator, Solar Cover, Liquid Shock (Chlorine) from Menards, and entry system steps with lock. BEST yet, I received a TF-100 kit for my birthday. It's all sitting in the garage waiting to be put up! (Except the TF-100)

Needless to say I am quite excited, since earlier this week it didn't sound very likely I would get my pool installed before the 4th. He said he would try.

I plan to update this post as the install happens
    My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Above Ground Pool Install - NE Kansas

Congrats on your new pool...... AND TF-100! We look forward to pics as well. Enjoy your weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I'm so excited for you! That's a big pool, and you're going to have so much fun! Floatin' and sippin' on The 4th! We WILL need pictures! Congratulations!! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats on your new pool! Can't wait to see pictures
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

5. Back To Top    #5

My backyard is now a mud pit! Nobody mentions how nerve racking it is when they break ground and watch them dig! I have had lots of neighbors stop by though. I guess when your the new girl on the block having all this work done, they are probably wondering what is up.

Without further ado...

My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

They are probably just enjoying the sights.
    Off to a great start! Have fun.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

It's coming along!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Hey! It's a great way to meet the neighbors or get to know them better! And it's a nice positive time to meet.

Don't worry..... I was a nervous wreck when they dug for our pool! Especially with gunite, you know every little shape and change is permanent. Hopefully, this will be the most nerve wrecking part of the build. Well, maybe the installation, too. Enjoy the fun parts!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Walls are going in!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

It's all up now!

Liner going in

Liner installed...

And now it's filling! Yay!

Now to fill over the weekend and they'll be back Monday afternoon to finish the return and skimmer!

Should be full sun for the next couple of days. Hoping it will help warm the pool. When should I start adding chemicals?

11. Back To Top    #11

New Above Ground Pool Install - NE Kansas

It's almost to the return lines. Probably just an hour to hour and a half left until I turn the water off and wait until they come tomorrow after work to do the returns and filter!

Pictures from earlier today.