Hayward Filter Hayward Navigator

Jan 16, 2009
My filter had a pinhole in it so the pool guy came out and replaced it and most of the lpumbing and all of the o-rings and so forth. Since then all my Hyaward Navigator Cleaner wiil do is go around in a tiny circle. At first I thought too much suction but backing the valve off has no effect. Any ideas? or is this just a coincidence and the cleaner needs repairs.I have ordered a Flow regulator to see if that helps

:rant:

I have a navigator too and have discovered it's performance is very much related to the wear on the "shoes" that provide traction on the pool bottom. Check them out and you may discover they are shot. Line vacuum is important too and I found that tuning the system using the ball valves on my returns helped.
The last item is the "batwings", which also wear. They help direct dirt into the intake, so I usually replace them at the same time I do the shoes.
Good luck
Pete

Two things to check:

• 1. Make sure the reading on the flow gauge is halfway between "min" and "max". Don't just guess at it.
    2. As pikeman mentioned, check the shoes. Each shoe has a wear line on it. When the bottom of the shoe has worn up to any part of this line, it is time to replace it. Replace all 4 at once so that the unit is on even footing.

Good luck!

Thanks to everyone I had recently replaced the shoes and the wings so I disassembled the unit and discovered that one of the turbine bearings was seized and it had a broken wheel on the A frame a $75 rebuild kit fixed it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.