Electrical work for SWG

phlight

Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2013
NJ
The biggest driving factor for me looking into SWG is the automation.
Current electrical setup in links below. My pump is typically plugged into the outlet.
4ZuEHs2.jpg

lgtdDOS.jpg

I was wondering I got some Intermatic timer if it could control a SWG (thinking of a Pentair IC 60) and my Hayward pump. Could that be done without an electrician or more skill than plugging in a device to an outlet?

The company that I purchased my interloc pool cover from wants $2000 for the IC 60 including installation in Central NJ. $500 more if electrical work is needed. I'm open to references to others in my area.

I did not think in ground pools were allowed to have pumps that simply plug in ...

A simple Intermatic mechanical timer could certainly be setup to control the pump and SWG ... hardwired into the time.

NOTE: you want to click the "get embed codes" link at the bottom right of your picture and then past in the BBCode link ... I changed your post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.