Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical work for SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical work for SWG

The biggest driving factor for me looking into SWG is the automation.
    Current electrical setup in links below. My pump is typically plugged into the outlet.

I was wondering I got some Intermatic timer if it could control a SWG (thinking of a Pentair IC 60) and my Hayward pump. Could that be done without an electrician or more skill than plugging in a device to an outlet?

The company that I purchased my interloc pool cover from wants $2000 for the IC 60 including installation in Central NJ. $500 more if electrical work is needed. I'm open to references to others in my area.
    23K gallon plaster inground by Sylvan Pools
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1.5HP Hayward c48l2n134b1
    Estimated 20+ year old pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Electrical work for SWG

I did not think in ground pools were allowed to have pumps that simply plug in ...

A simple Intermatic mechanical timer could certainly be setup to control the pump and SWG ... hardwired into the time.

NOTE: you want to click the "get embed codes" link at the bottom right of your picture and then past in the BBCode link ... I changed your post.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!