Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3 Port Valve Pentair Valve Actuator Question

1. Back To Top    #1

3 Port Valve Pentair Valve Actuator Question

One of our actuators went out. My husband ordered a new one and replaced it just fine. However, the setting isn't right for our system. I"m probably not explaining this well. We have an spillover spa and a separate water feature that are effected by this valve. Before we replaced the valve, the spillover spa came on whenever the pool filter was on AND when the water feature was in. Now it isn't coming on. My husband took the old actuator a apart and he can see that the internal mechanism is not set the same way on both actuators so we need to adjust the new to the same position as the old one. Does this make any sense and can anyone help?
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3 Port Valve Pentair Valve Actuator Question

Never mind friends, my husband thinks he has it figured out
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

3. Back To Top    #3

Good news! If he doesn't send him back to Pool School!

Yes, just need to adjust the cam stops to start and stop the valve in the right spot. Sounds like he is on the right track.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah. He told me to look it up, but before I got an answer, he figured it out. Guess being an airplane mechanic helps 😉