Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Check salt, inspect cell lights come on when pump goes off

1. Back To Top    #1

Check salt, inspect cell lights come on when pump goes off

Not sure what to do next. I have replaced the cell and Pcb recently and now the salt reading goes way down and the "check salt" and "inspect cell" lights come steadon every time the pump goes off. When the pump comes back on, of course no chlorine is being generated until I reset the display. The instant salt reading is within normal ranges (3000-3300), so I just reset and everything seems to work fine until the pump goes off again. Is there some trick I'm missing? Another part to replace? Thanks for any assistance.
    Tonib

24K gallon fiberglass, Hayward sand filter, 1hp pump, Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Barracuda G3 suction-side cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Check salt, inspect cell lights come on when pump goes off

The only option I can think of is to replace the flow switch. But, I don't know for sure.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Check salt, inspect cell lights come on when pump goes off

It sounds like the swg isn't being switched off when the pump is switched off. They should be tied together so they are both powered off at the same time. It is weird that it doesn't work until you reset it though.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100