Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure gauge for Intex sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure gauge for Intex sand filter

I think I need a new pressure gauge for my sand filter; the gauge never moves. It will register 0 with the pump off but when the pump is on it never goes above 5. It's the gauge that originally came with the system. Given the fact that Intex has proprietary sizing on all of their equipment, I am wondering if the gauges sold on the tftest kits site will work. Has anyone here used one of these gauges on an Intex pool?
    Intex Ultra Frame 20'x52" pool (10,600 gallons); Sand filter (Model SF80110); Krystal Clear SWG (Model CS8110); AquaBot PoolRover Jr. Pool Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure gauge for Intex sand filter

If you turn off the pump, shut off the valves and unscrew the pressure gauge you should be able to see if it is a 1/4" or 1/2" shaft. I believe 1/4" is the standard size.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Yes, I got one. I had to get a bushing at the hardware store, seen below, to adapt it to fit the Intex filter.

My tftest filter only shows 5-6 lbs pressure after a backwash, so your Intex gauge may not be that far off. But it's a nice, cheap upgrade anyway.

25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info! I was afraid if I got one and it didn't fit, I wouldn't know how to make it fit. I see that it is a simple fix!
    Intex Ultra Frame 20'x52" pool (10,600 gallons); Sand filter (Model SF80110); Krystal Clear SWG (Model CS8110); AquaBot PoolRover Jr. Pool Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit with SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Yeah, it was less than $2. Just take your old and new gauges with you and ask a clerk to help you find something to make it fit.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I've replaced my Intex gauge with this one:
    http://tftestkits.net/Pressure-Gauge...Mount-p78.html

You will need an 1/8" MNPT X 1/4" FNPT adapter, as shown in the pic posted by jeffchap.

The gauge is very good quality, and much easier to read than the original.

BTW- my clean pressure is about 9-10psi.

If you decide to take both gauges with you to the hardware store be sure to isolate the filter so it doesn't drain the pool through the open pressure port.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!