Landscaping around Intex rectangular pool

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone can asssit. We just put the Intex 18x9x52 rectangular pool (it's filling now) and I'm hoping for ideas of what to put around the bottom to make it look nicer. We're thinking rocks or mulch, but leaning towards mulch for the cost savings. Does anyone have pictures they could share? I see many online showing the round pools, but not much for the rectangular. Thanks in advance for your help. :p

Hello and welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool. Ideas? Sure! We have lots of them. Besides any replies you receive to this post, consider going to the "Show Off Your Swimming Pool" forum: Show off your Swimming Pool / Spa / Backyard Kitchen
There you can browse through a bunch of photos.

Also, since you are filling-up your pool, remember this most important item: The proper test kit (i.e. TF-100 – link below) is the foundation of your pool care. Why this kit? We've learned through personal experience that you cannot reply on pool store testing, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply do not read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you do not have a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit, it should be your #1 priority.

Welcome to TFP and have a great summer!

Wow! Thank you for such an informative response. I will let my husband know about the test kit, as he has way more knowledge than myself. We did purchase the salt water kit vs the one that came with the pool. Again, thank you for your response. This site has already provided a wealth of information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.