Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New install and one upright is leaning in

1. Back To Top    #1

New install and one upright is leaning in

Hi, We are in the process of installing a 27' x 52" aqualeader concerto above ground pool (new to us). We have approximately 2 feet of water filled up, everything is looking pretty good, however one of the uprights is leaning in quite a bit....we though we had the paver blocks leveled but apparently not. The water level (measuring from water liner to top of liner) is out maybe 1/4" all the way around the entire pool. My question is, do I have to lower the pool water in order to lower the block enough to straighten out the upright or can we leave the water in it? Any help with this would be greatly apprecaited.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New install and one upright is leaning in

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Level within 1/4" is a fantastic job! So the top is leaning in? I have only set up an Intex ultra. I was able to make some minor adjustments to the uprights without draining. With it leaning in maybe you can do some excavating under the outside of the paver while someone pushes in on the upright.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for getting back to me, if I excavate under the outside of the paver, it shouldn't effect the base and cove then? Will the bottom rail have to be dug down a little too, or just at the paver block?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kimbezanson View Post
    Hi, We are in the process of installing a 27' x 52" aqualeader concerto above ground pool (new to us). We have approximately 2 feet of water filled up, everything is looking pretty good, however one of the uprights is leaning in quite a bit....we though we had the paver blocks leveled but apparently not. The water level (measuring from water liner to top of liner) is out maybe 1/4" all the way around the entire pool. My question is, do I have to lower the pool water in order to lower the block enough to straighten out the upright or can we leave the water in it? Any help with this would be greatly apprecaited.
    Hello and welcome to TFP!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case it most certainly is. Post pictures of the upright in question from a couple of different angles, "quite a bit" to you may be "not so bad" to the experts.

Also, be sure to add your pool details to your signature, it will stop the barrage of 20 questions every time you post LOL.

Now, the most important question..... what is your plan to care for the pool? Do you own a proper test kit? Do you understand the difference between liquid chlorine (aka bleach) and stabilized pucks?

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Pics would be nice.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I've attempted to add photos but it keeps saying my jpeg is not a proper imagine file.

7. Back To Top    #7

The upright is leaning 1" in toward the pool at one spot. I'm going to attempt to lower the paver and hopefully that will help to straighten it out.