Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Possible to run two Intelliflos on a Aqualink?

1. Back To Top    #1

Possible to run two Intelliflos on a Aqualink?

I have a Aqualink with iaqualink. I recently had issues with a jandy epump prematurely and switched to intelliflo. It was doing so well that I decided to replace my aging booster pump with an intelliflo as well so I could dial in the speed.

Without making any changes, When both Intelliflos are hooked up they "pair" and run at the same speed. I went into the system setup and changed pump 2 to intelliflo, but I don't think that changes anything unless the system detects it as a separate pump.

Is it possible to control both pumps independently through the aqualink? If not, would it harm the intelliflo to set it at my preferred speed and have it on a relay through the system?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Possible to run two Intelliflos on a Aqualink?

Hello Robpiat! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. Server issues have impacted replies a bit. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm going to revisit this. I gave up for awhile but trying to figure this out again. Otherwise I am going to remove the vs and put in a single speed pump for the booster. No sense in it rotting outside

4. Back To Top    #4

I did not even know that the Aqualink could control the Intelliflo?? Is this being done over the Serial Cables? If so, when done with the Pentair's EasyTouch, the pump itself has to be set up with a "Pump Address". The default is address 1, but it you have two pumps, then one of them must be set (at the pump) to address 2.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah not sure how to deal with the address issue. Jandy didn't know.

Basically when two are hooked they both be the same speed

6. Back To Top    #6

Rob,

I'm still curious.. Are you using the Serial cable for control or some other method?

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

If I recall correctly it uses two wires vs the typical 4 for Jandy devices