Calling all mathematicians

Dan P

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Miami, Fl
Hey all, need some help figuring out how much ppm chlorine my SWG produces. I have it set at 40% for 18 hours a day, Jandy 1400 producing 1.25 pounds of chlorine in a 24 hour period. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Input 1.25 of chlorine gas in the Effects of Adding Chemicals section at the bottom of PoolMath, be sure your pool volume is set at the top. That is the ppm the SWG would generate running at 100% for 24 hours.

Take that and multiply by it (18/24)*0.4 or *0.75*0.4 or *0.3 ... so you are currently adding 30% of the total capacity.

BTW, there is no reason to be running your pump that long. I would double the SWG output and only run for 9 hours. See Determine Pump Run Time.

Jason got you covered. based on your numbers you have, in pool math, you are adding 6 oz of chlorine gas, which is around 3.5ppm per day. sounds about right.

i also agree that you can decrease your pump run time. just compensate the % to get the same output

- - - Updated - - -

Jason got you covered. based on your numbers you have, in pool math, you are adding 6 oz of chlorine gas, which is around 3.5ppm per day. sounds about right.

i also agree that you can decrease your pump run time. just compensate the % to get the same output

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.