Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calling all mathematicians

1. Back To Top    #1

Calling all mathematicians

Hey all, need some help figuring out how much ppm chlorine my SWG produces. I have it set at 40% for 18 hours a day, Jandy 1400 producing 1.25 pounds of chlorine in a 24 hour period. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Built March 2015 13000 gallon free form exposed aggregate with sheer descent, Jandy 2HP VSP, Jandy 1400 SWG with Aqualink PDA and AquaCal electrical heater. Pentair Clean and Clear filter 150SF. TF100 test kit. Pentair Kreepy Krualy Great White.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Calling all mathematicians

Input 1.25 of chlorine gas in the Effects of Adding Chemicals section at the bottom of PoolMath, be sure your pool volume is set at the top. That is the ppm the SWG would generate running at 100% for 24 hours.

Take that and multiply by it (18/24)*0.4 or *0.75*0.4 or *0.3 ... so you are currently adding 30% of the total capacity.

BTW, there is no reason to be running your pump that long. I would double the SWG output and only run for 9 hours. See Determine Pump Run Time.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Jason got you covered. based on your numbers you have, in pool math, you are adding 6 oz of chlorine gas, which is around 3.5ppm per day. sounds about right.

i also agree that you can decrease your pump run time. just compensate the % to get the same output

- - - Updated - - -

Jason got you covered. based on your numbers you have, in pool math, you are adding 6 oz of chlorine gas, which is around 3.5ppm per day. sounds about right.

i also agree that you can decrease your pump run time. just compensate the % to get the same output
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the responses. Pool temp today reached 93, ready to make chicken soup lol. My pool gets full sun 12 hours a day. I will adjust the pump run time down and see how it goes.
    Built March 2015 13000 gallon free form exposed aggregate with sheer descent, Jandy 2HP VSP, Jandy 1400 SWG with Aqualink PDA and AquaCal electrical heater. Pentair Clean and Clear filter 150SF. TF100 test kit. Pentair Kreepy Krualy Great White.

5. Back To Top    #5

Type in the following into Google:

0.4*1.25 pounds per 24 hours per 13000 gallons in milligrams per liter per 18 hours
    and you will get

3.45653156 (milligrams per liter) per (18 hours)
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"