Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New liner install

1. Back To Top    #1

New liner install

I knew my liner was going to need to be replaced soon. Over the past few years I have had to install a few patches & it was very faded. This spring when I was topping off my pool (from a hydrant) and I blew a hole in the liner (shallow end). As the level dropped it pulled the cover and a pail of paver sand (that was holding the cover) into the deep end creating a hold. The pool was completely empty. I got a 5 quotes and the most of the quotes were within 10% of the highest quote,one was 17.5% lower than the highest. They were low because I was referred to them by the owners close friend.

Since these photos were taken I installed dark blue returns w/ flanges and skimmer faceplate covers (made by Custom Molded Products). They really make the returns and skimmers blend in. I have a dark blue drain cover on order.

The liner is called Sebastian Beach Tile with Port Royal Bottom by Merlin

Here what it looked like before the liner was removed:

During the liner removal:

Troweling the sand:

New Liner installed:

Pool filled & 720 lbs of salt added:
    Pool Details: 25,440 Gal IG Vinyl 21x40 Mountain Pond (Graphex)
    Filter: Hayward Micro-Clear DE (48 Sq Ft)
    Pump: Hayward SP2603VSP VS Super Pump
    SWG: Circupool Si45
    Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New liner install

Wow! Quite a transformation. Thanks for sharing.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!